In this section, you will find information about our school’s complaints procedure, which complies with Section 29 of the Education Act 2002

It also includes any arrangements for handling complaints from parents of children with special educational needs (SEN) about the support the school provides.

Please click on the link below to access our Complaints Policy. Should you require a paper copy, please contact the school and this will be provided, free of charge.

Special educational needs (SEN)

If you want to complain about a school’s SEN support, you should do it while your child is still registered at the school.

This includes complaints that the school has not provided the support required by your child’s SEN statement or education, health and care (EHC) plan.

Make a complaint

Follow these steps in order. Move on to the next step if your complaint is not resolved.

  • Talk to the school’s special educational needs co-ordinator, Mrs R Findell (SENCO)
  • Follow the school’s complaints procedure
  • Complain to you local authority

Complain to the Education Funding Agency instead of the local authority if both the following apply:

  • the school is an academy or free school
  • your complaint is not about an SEN statement or an EHC plan

There’s a different process if you disagree with a decision your local authority has made about an SEN statement or an EHC plan.