Our Curriculum Intent – Our BIG DREAMS!
Our Curriculum Intent
Our curriculum is our DNA – it is who we are, it is what makes our school special and it is our vehicle for maximising the potential of every single child that steps foot through our doors. Our curriculum is built around six BIG DREAMS, with our core values sitting at the heart. Our core values are deeply embedded into the fabric of our school and we use them as the bedrock for all curriculum developments!
Our curriculum BIG DREAMS are:
- Use high-quality texts as the beating heart of everything we do, we develop a genuine love of reading so that our children read widely and often for information and pleasure.
- Deliberately, explicitly and systematically teach oracy to develop confidence and articulacy so that our children are empowered to succeed in life.
- Build cultural capital by using the vibrancy of Liverpool so that our children learn from and respect other cultures and appreciate what they have.
- Systematically teach and expose our children to vocabulary to foster a love of language in order to develop word consciousness across all curriculum areas.
- Enrich pupils time in school with memorable and unforgettable experiences, ensuring equity for all.
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment so that our children have no limits to what their ambitions are…if they can DREAM it, they can do it!