Extra Curricular Activities
At Florence Melly Community Primary School, we offer a variety of clubs and activities outside of our regular school day. We aim to:
- ensure that our curriculum extends beyond the academic, technical or vocational and that it provides for learners’ broader development, enabling them to develop and discover their interests and talents.
- offer provision that supports learners to develop their character – including their resilience, confidence and independence – and help them know how to keep physically and mentally healthy.
- prepare learners for future success in their next steps.
- prepares learners for life in modern Britain by: equipping them to be responsible, respectful, active citizens who contribute positively to society; developing their understanding of fundamental British values; developing their understanding and appreciation of diversity; celebrating what we have in common and promoting respect for the different protected characteristics as defined in law.
In order to achieve these aims, we offer a range of lunchtime and after-school activities that supplement and support children’s learning beyond our vibrant curriculum offer. Clubs are run by a mixture of staff and adults from external organisations and are available across all year groups.
All of these clubs will run until the May half-term.
Please complete the form, emailed and posted on Class Dojo, to request a place for your child. Once all places have been allocated, parents/carers will be informed of which club(s) they have successfully been allocated places for. We are hoping to get this sorted before we break up for Easter. We will always allocate places fairly. Please note, due to demand, you may not receive a place for a club that you requested but we will do our best to accommodate.
If you have more than one child, please complete a form for eachchild.
- Sports club involves a range of different sports including: dodgeball, basketball, rounders, badminton, tennis, benchball and tag rugby (this is not an exhaustive list and new sports are introduced across the academic year).
- In addition to the after-school Year 6 Booster Sessions, shorter, targeted booster interventions will take place every lunchtime.