PE & Sport Premium
At Florence Melly Community Primary School, we believe that physical education and sport play a crucial role in improving our pupils’ physical wellbeing and lifestyles. We continue to offer a highly effective PE programme and build on the embedded sporting culture in our school through a well planned programme of action to promote participation, progress, achievement and enjoyment.
We are committed to:
- making additional and sustained improvements to the quality of PE and sport in our school.
- developing and adding to the PE and sport activities that we already offer.
- building capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
At Florence Melly Community Primary School, we continue to see improvements in:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- the raised profile of PE and Sport across the school, driving whole-school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport.
- the broader experiences of a range of sports and activities offered to our pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.
PE and Sport Premium Allocation for 2020/21 was: £19,410.
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, our school were unable to spend our PE and Sport Premium allocation in the way that we had planned. The 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic years were severely disrupted and as a result, some of our unspent allocation has been carried forward to the 2021/22 academic year. Please use the link below to access our most recent breakdown of how we spent this premium and the impact it had on our pupils’ PE, physical activity, and sport participation and attainment.