Our Cultural Capital Curriculum Offer
Our curriculum is built around six BIG DREAMS, with our core values sitting at the heart. Our core values are deeply embedded into the fabric of our school and we use them as the bedrock for all curriculum developments!
Our curriculum BIG DREAMS are:
- Use high-quality texts as the beating heart of everything we do, we develop a genuine love of reading so that our children read widely and often for information and pleasure.
- Deliberately, explicitly and systematically teach oracy to develop confidence and articulacy so that our children are empowered to succeed in life.
- Build cultural capital by using the vibrancy of Liverpool so that our children learn from and respect other cultures and appreciate what they have.
- Systematically teach and expose our children to vocabulary to foster a love of language in order to develop word consciousness across all curriculum areas.
- Enrich pupils time in school with memorable and unforgettable experiences, ensuring equity for all.
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment so that our children have no limits to what their ambitions are…if they can DREAM it, they can do it!
We implement our BIG DREAMS through three main curriculum drivers, including our Cultural Capital Curriculum offer.
Our Cultural Capital Curriculum offer draws together: PSHE, Relationship and Sex Education (RSE), Philosophy for Children (P4C), SMSC and Fundamental British Values. As part of our Cultural Capital curriculum we embed key health, wellbeing and safety messages so that our children are provided with the knowledge and skills to be physically and mentally healthy and safe in school and beyond the classroom. We promote key safety messages including: how to stay safe online, an awareness of child on child abuse and how to recognise the signs of positive and poor mental health.
Our Whole School Cultural Capital Curriculum Map 2022/23
Use the following link to access our Whole-School Cultural Capital Curriculum Map for the 2022/23 academic year: